Bear Fall to Checkers and Wolfpack

Hershey Bears weekly update Volume 2 11/14-11/20

Welcome back to Hershey Bears weekly vol 2. Each week we will take a look at what is going on up in Chocolate town. Let’s see what the boys were up to this week.

11/14- The Bears wrapped up their weekend at home against the Charlotte Checkers. The Bears got off to a hot start with a goal from Garrett Pilon to give the bears a 1-0 lead. Unfortunately the lead didn’t last, as before the 1st ended the Checkers scored 2 power play goals separated by less than 2 minutes. The 1st ended 2-1 in favor of Charlotte. The Checkers did not miss a beat in the 2nd period as they scored 44 seconds in to take a 3-1 lead. The Checkers added another Power Play goal to take a 4-1 lead. The Bears got one back on a Riley Sutter goal to make it 5-2. A tough loss for Hershey as they struggled to get back into the game. The Bears are back at it Saturday against the Hartford Wolfpack

11/15- News out of Hershey confirmed that Garret Pilon has been called up to Washington. He made his debut last year and currently leads the Bears in points this season. Will be interesting to see which line he plays on when he gets to the Caps. He becomes the 6th Hershey Bear to be called up this year. Bears did not play today 

11/16- Pilon scored his first NHL goal for the Caps in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Pilon played on the 3rd line flanked by Jonsson-Fjallby and Hathaway. Some other roster news, Hunter Shepherd was sent back down to the ECHL affiliate the South Carolina Stingrays. With Pheonix Copley and Zach Fucale already in Hershey, Shepherd was the odd man out. Bears did not play today

11/17- Bears did not play today

11/18- Bears did not play today 

11/19- Bears did not play today

11/20- With the return of Nic Dowd and TJ Oshie to the Caps lineup, Brett Leason was sent back to Hershey. Pilon appears to have been a healthy scratch as he was not in either the Caps or the Bears lineup. My guess is that he will be making his way back to Hershey within a few days. The Bears traveled to Hartford to take on the Wolfpack in a matchup against a couple of the top teams in the division. The Bears started out slow once again as the Wolfpack got 2 goals in the first frame. No more goals were scored and the Wolfpack took a 2-0 lead. The second period was a beauty as the Bears got an early goal from Shane Gersich and then tied off a Mike Sgarbossa redirect. The Bears took the lead with a Dylan McIlrath goal to give the Bears a 3-2 lead heading into the 3rd. The 3rd period was an absolute disaster for the Bears. The Wolfpack scored 3 goals in 3 minutes and added a PPG and a short handed goal and shut the door on the bears to earn a 7-3 decision. The Bears have been struggling as of late and need those guys from the big club to come back and give them some more depth. The Bears are back in action tonight against Charlotte. Hoped the Bears can turn it around and start stringing some wins together. 

Thank you all for joining me this week. We will see you next Sunday. As always: GO BEARS!

Please follow and like us:

You may also like...

Follow by Email