Top Five Ravens to Watch For In Final Preseason Game
Week four of the NFL preseason is finally here and after Thursday’s night game against the Washington Redskins the Baltimore Ravens will have some tough decisions to make on who to keep. Here are your top five players to look for on Thursday night!
1. Robert Griffin III: This just isn’t RGIII revenge game against his former team, but his last chance to prove he’s worth keeping on the team. The Ravens aren’t a custom to keeping three quarterbacks on the roster, but a lot of talk has been made keeping Griffin on the roster to mentor Lamar Jackson, and as well as being the second string quarterback as well.
2. Kenny Young: The Ravens traded Kamalei Correa today for a sixth round pick to open up doors for a back up linebacker position. Kenny Young now has a chance to showcase his skills and prove he’s a better fit for the role as well as Tyus Bowser.
3. Kaare Vedvik. Adam Schefter tweeted today a lot of teams are interested in seeing what the Ravens do with their kickers. The undrafted rookie from Marshal has been impressive in training camp, and if the Ravens decide to cut him Vedvik will get plenty of kicks Thursday night to show off his kicking skills, so another team signs him. The Ravens where in this situation three years ago with Will Lutz
4. Tim White: With already a lot of receivers on the roster White is going to be on the bubble after sitting out last year on the injuries reserve. White is fighting for a kick returning role, and to the on the Ravens receiving depth chart.
5. Tavon Young: Young will get a lot of looks Thursday night competing for the second cornerback position with Brandon Carr for weeks 1-4 with the suspension of Jimmy Smith. Young has a promising rookie season, and was out all last year with an injury. The Maryland native is looking to bounce back from his injury and be a solid cornerback this year.