Maryland Sports Blogger week three fantasy football league recap
Week three in Fantasy Football is complete as the NFL has made it’s way through a roller coaster ride of flags, injuries and upsets. The Maryland Sports Bloggers battled it out in five match ups in their ten team half point ppr league. With a lot of high scores this week, we can expect a crazy next couple weeks as the trash talk has continued in the fantasy league. Here is how the third week ended on the score sheets, along with the week four schedule.
- Matt Bachota took down Wes Hoffmaster 136.6-109.1. Matt, for the second week in a row got a goose egg from the kicker position. This week recent free agent acquisition Dan Bailey was left on the sideline while the Vikings were shut down at home by the Bills. Pat Mahomes led Bachota for the second straight week in points. This time he ended his game with three touchdowns passing and gave Matt the third highest overall point total for week three. Wes has a huge points output by running back Christian McCaffrey who ran for over 180 yards, but couldn’t find the end zone.
- Alex Benda beat down the 0-3 David Edinger by a score of 140.1-109.8. Tight end Will Dissly and kicker Robbie Gould combined for 8.4 points for Alex, but a dominating output and double digits from the rest of Alex’s team helped bull rush Eddy. The next step for Eddy is to find any way possible to win before dropping too far out of a playoff position.
- Chanan Rothenberg was dropped by the previously winless Vasilios Nikolaou by a score of 114.5-107.4. Vas lost his starting quarterback Jimmy G to a torn ACL for the season, but off the bench going forward will be Matty Ice, Matt Ryan. Chanan is reeling from not having Lev Bell, and Devonta Freeman. Robert Woods broke out with 33.7 points, but it just wasn’t meant to be this week.
- The youngster Josh dropped to 1-2 as Jeremy Train improved to 3-0 with a destructive score of 132-81.4. Jeremy rode the back of last years fantasy football MVP Todd Gurley along with Cam Newton who had four total touchdowns himself this week. Josh has a nice output of points by Emmanuel Sanders who scored his first rushing touchdown of his career on a 35 yard scamper against the Baltimore Ravens, but Josh misplayed LeSean McCoy leaving him in the lineup while he was a scratch this past Sunday. Josh’s team was left down by Tom Brady who gave a 7.2 point performance, and Bilal Powell who put up the 7 points on Thursday night football.
- Sam Smith somehow again has bad luck as this week he would be downed by 50 points! Sam Smith’s team put up 110 points, but another 86 points left on the bench. It has been a roller coaster ride for Sam, but Chris Cleveland put up 160 points, the most points in the league this week. Chris drafted the top Saints players and they are blowing away the league right now. Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, and Michael Thomas are tearing it up in fantasy football and the NFL. Expect Sam Smith to do some digging and to get creative to get in the win column in the coming weeks.
Here’s a look at week four’s schedule for the Maryland Sports Blog Fantasy Football League
Matt Bachota (3-0) takes on Alex Benda (2-1)
Wes Hoffmaster (1-2) takes on Jeremy Train (3-0)
David Edinger(0-3) takes on Chris Cleveland (3-0)
Chanan Rothenberg (1-2) faces off with Josh Sager (1-2)
Sam Smith (0-3) takes on Vasilios Nikolaou(1-2)
Teams at 3-0 = 3
Teams at 2-1 = 1
Teams at 1-2 = 4
Teams at 0-3 = 2