For the first time this season in the National Football League, it looks like the offense has caught up to the defense. By the amount of high scoring games there were in Week 3, it finally feels like the “Fantasy Football” season has arrived.
Without further ado, here are the top Week 4 Daily Fantasy picks.
- Tyrod Taylor QB – DK $5300 FD $7100
- Taylor enters Week 4 coming off of a 2 TD performance against an elite defense in the Denver Broncos. He ranks just on the edge of the top 10 fantasy QB’s this season and faces a favorable matchup in the Atlanta Falcons this week. Atlanta’s defensive stat line to opposing QB’s the past two weeks looks like this: 343 passing yards, 2 TD; 264 passing yards 1 touchdown. By no means are they slowing anyone down. This game will be played in Atlanta where Taylor’s ability to run the ball will be a big factor on the turf. Not to mention the Falcons will be without LB Vic Beasley and DT Courtney Upshaw. Starting DB Ricardo Allen is currently in the concussion protocol. At this price, I can’t pass up having Taylor in some of my DFS lineups.
- Dalvin Cook RB – DK $6500 FD $7500
- Cook hit pay dirt for the first time in his NFL career last week. And I expect more of the same this week against the Detroit Lions. The Lions gave up 152 yards and a TD on the ground last week and currently ranks 24th in 1st down rushing percentage allowed at 23.4%. Cook is also one of 11 RB’s in the NFL who own 60-plus percent market share of their team’s rush attempts. The Minnesota Vikings are 1-point favorites at home against the Lions, according to Vegas. With QB Sam Bradford out and Cook establishing his presence as the lead back in Minnesota, this week feels like the week we get formally introduced to THE Dalvin Cook.
- Joe Mixon RB – DK $5700 FD $5600
- Speaking of breaking out in the “fantasy world”, allow me to introduce you to the Bill Lazer version of Joe Mixon. The Cincinnati Bengals have a new offensive coordinator and a new and improved (by Week 1 & 2 standards) offense. Lazer opened up the offense against the Green Bay Packers last week and Mixon was one of the main beneficiaries. Mixon had 18 total rushes for 62 yards and 3 receptions for 39 yards. His 18 total carries were 15 more than the next guy, Gio Bernard. It’s fair to say Mixon will have a BIG role in the Bengals offense going forward. And at this PRE-BREAKOUT price, you can’t beat it!
- Marqise Lee WR – DK $4500 FD $6200
- Losing Allen Robinson hurt the Jacksonville Jaguars offense. But the NFL is all about the next man up. Insert Marqise Lee. In both games since Robinson has been out, Lee has led the Jags in targets with seven and 12, respectively. He has yet to find the end zone this year, but this week may be the week he does his touchdown dance. His matchup versus the New York Jets comes at a great time. The Jets spent last Sunday allowing 176 receiving yards and a touchdown to the Miami Dolphin’s top three receivers and their nonexistent offense. Don’t let the low Vegas total scare you off of this one. Lee will rack up points.
- Jared Cook TE – DK $3400 FD $5500
- Fact: The Denver Broncos struggle to cover opposing tight ends. Fact: The Broncos have given up an average of 15.6 (PPR) fantasy points to the TE position through Week 3. I expect the Oakland Raiders offense to bounce back from an UGLY Sunday night performance against the Washington Redskins. Cook has 124 receiving yards and 17 targets total through Week 3 of the season. Derek Carr, the Raiders QB, has been quoted multiple times the past few weeks about his excellent rapport with Cook. So I’ll take the confidence of the QB with this pick.