Here are six key players in the Baltimore Ravens victory over the Washington Redskins. The Ravens won 23-3.
1. Safety Haruki Nakamuri’s fake punt run was the play of the game. This play was huge, he showed that he has some moves with the ball in his hands. Nakamuri is a really solid player, he may not look the part but he would be starting on a lot of other teams. He sees most of his snaps in blitz packages so it was nice to see him with the ball.
2. Cornerback Cary Williams continues to impress. He looked great in the first preseason game against the Carolina Panthers and in training camp. His interception of Redskins quarterback Donnavan McNabb was outstanding, he read the throw perfectly.
3. Quarterback Marc Bulger looked great throwing 13 of his 16 passes for completions. He has a quick delivery and is extremely accurate. Bulger and wide receiver David Reed looked great together.
4. Wide receiver David Reed had four catches for 38 yards and answered a lot of questions about his ability to play in the NFL. He had a rough camp dropping a lot of passes which put him on the bubble. He needed to make some plays to make the team. He also had a great special teams tackle.
5. Tight end Dennis Pitta had an outstanding game catching passes, he had four catches for 65 yards. Pitta is not a bubble guy he will make the Ravens team as their second or third tight end.
6. Linebacker Jason Phillips worked his way onto the bubble with a strong performance that included two fumble recoveries. Throughout his college career Phillips had a knack for making big plays. He could become a solid NFL player. He needs more games like today to make the final roster.
Extra- Prescott Burgess also had a huge day. Some of the tweets from today said it perfectly.